ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a publicly traded real estate development and management company, is looking for a Development Accounting Manager to control the contract administration process, which includes tracking contracts, change orders, and development commitments to make necessary changes to the accounting system.
- Maintain the general ledger and month end close procedures such as journal entries, roll-forwards, reconciliations, variance analysis.
- Perform Joint Venture accounting along with balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Collaborate with Director of Development Accounting in observing and reporting on actual project costs.
- Prepare cash forecasts and compare between actual expenses and budgets.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget.
- Handle the preparation of 10Q and 10K and resolve any accounting issues in accordance to GAAP and SEC regulatory requirements.
- Project Management duties such as processing invoices, check requests, and wire transfers.
- Implement new accounting software or policies when needed.
- 5-8 years of accounting experience in the Real Estate industry. Real Estate development or Project Cost accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA required.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting practices for publicly traded companies.
- Experience with ERP systems such as JD Edwards general ledger application.
- Excellent writing skills, with strong verbal and written communications skills, to stay well organized and work in a dynamic environment.