ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our apparel ecommerce client is looking to move beyond the startup phase and hire someone to take ownership of the accounting department and partner with the head of finance and senior management on mission critical projects. This extremely successful company has begun to transform the children’s apparel industry. Incredible opportunity to work in a fun company and grow as the company grows. Compensation package includes equity.
- Design and control the US GAAP policies.
- Continuously improve the accounting process and procedures such as cost of goods sold ad FIFO inventory.
- Uphold the general ledger and chart of accounts for key decision making.
- Manage accounting activities such as journal entries, account reconciliations, and invoice payments/receipts.
- Work on the monthly financial statement preparation and track changes of the actual budget to the forecasted budget.
- Continuously improve and accounting systems and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA highly preferred.
- 3+ years experience in Accounting. E-commerce or start-up experience a plus.
- Cost accounting and inventory knowledge experience.
- Previous experience building out a team and managing employees.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks or ledger systems.