ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Leading global Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) is looking for an Assistant Controller to help manage all responsibilities of the firm’s accounting department.
- Review all consolidated financial statements and related supporting schedules, detailed balance sheet analysis, and income statement variance and fluctuation analysis related to closing packages.
- Evaluate and review intricate transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and build to suit transactions.
- Inspect consolidated and unconsolidated joint venture investments, and assess new investment structures and legal entities.
- Coordinate with the accounting policy team to research new accounting treatments for various transactions.
- Investigate foreign currency movements and examine complex transactions.
- Perform reconciliations associated to intercompany and related-party transactions.
- Examine statement of cash flows and supporting work papers.
- Cooperate with the financial reporting team in 10K/10Q disclosure reviews and with external auditors in answering audit inquiries.
- Comply with internal controls and improve on processes when and where necessary.
- Responsible for managing a staff of manager, senior and junior accountants.
- 6-8 years of Big 4 Accounting with significant real estate accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of lease accounting, business combinations, and purchase price allocations principles.
- Experienced in analyzing real estate transactions and consolidation and equity method investment accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to work both independently and with a team to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)