ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a high growth digital media firm with over 600 employees in 11 countries, is seeking an Assistant Controller to lead the company’s global accounting team.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts around the month-end close process.
- Manage required financial data so that it is captured, reconciled, documented and disclosed accordingly.
- Ensure the compliance and understanding of key business drivers that effect financial results through review meetings covering Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow.
- Create an efficient and effective month-end consolidation and close process by developing, maintaining and improving standard accounting processes and procedures.
- Manage and develop both foreign and domestic accounting teams and prepare financial statements that comply with US GAAP.
- Support the implementation of budgeting and forecasting systems and an integrated HR package.
- Complete audits and reviews in accordance with external auditors.
- Drive process improvement for accounting transactions.
- Ensure that monthly reporting requirements are met and work with payroll provider to prepare semi-monthly payroll.
- Assist in developing key financial policies and procedures and support the annual budgeting and monthly forecast process.
- A minimum of 10 years of straight public accounting experience or a mix of public/private, with at least 3 years of direct management experience.
- US GAAP, technical accounting, and internal controls proficiency.
- Strong Excel and systems skills.
- Influential leader with the ability to drive business process changes.
- Multi-tasker who is analytical with an attention to detail.
- A mentor and excellent communicator.
- CPA required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.