ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a cutting-edge, non-conformist global media company is looking for an Assistant Controller in their Brooklyn office to lead all aspects of the corporate accounting. This will include managing a diverse team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Spearhead all operations of the corporate accounting functions, including computerized accounting systems and reporting systems.
- Ensure all accounting policies, procedures, and systems comply with all GAAP, regulatory, and tax requirements.
- Manage the company’s annual regulatory examinations and liaise with independent auditors for all accounting matters and requested items.
- Prepare the U.S. annual budget, forecasts, and multi-year business plans in conjunction with the Strategy and Planning team.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to assist in development of the financial performance criteria to monitor the company.
- Continually identify opportunities for increased efficiencies to develop and strengthen a sound financial culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business degree. Graduate degree preferred. CPA required.
- 8 to 12 years experience in accounting and reporting processes with successful leadership deliverables.
- NetSuite or Workday experience required.
- Public company experience preferred with a background in the digital media, TV, or technology sectors.
- High accounting and finance knowledge. Strong understanding of accounting procedures to generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports.
- Deep experience in ERP’s, accounting systems, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to decrease close processes and understanding to run a global consolidation process.
- Great leadership skills with past roles managing skilled teams.
- High analytical mindset and is capable of communicating complex issues in a clear way.