ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Prestigious Global Fortune 1000 Manufacturing/ Retail company is seeking an Assistant Corporate Controller for their Northern New Jersey office. The right candidate for this role will have global experience and confidence in overseeing the company’s North American financial and accounting functions, as well as take part in overseeing the global accounting operations. This position is responsible for managing the company’s consolidated financial close, financial statement preparation and processes to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, evaluating changes in US GAAP, and developing and maintaining accounting policy. Some key duties of the position include:
- Coordinating with global accounting operations and corporate teams to establish a timely and accurate closing process.
- Complying with US GAAP and taking charge of the company’s SOX compliance program.
- Managing external audit of company’s financial statements and internal control over financial reporting.
- Preparing consolidated financial statements and providing technical accounting guidance, which includes evaluating the impact of US GAAP changes.
- Working with departments across the company and contributing decision support and insight through analysis of business developments’ and transactions’ financial impacts.
- Developing department management and staff so that performance management is effective and regularly evaluating the structure, resources, and planning of the department.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience with a combination of public accounting and diverse corporate accounting experience at a publicly traded company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC requirements, and PCAOB standards.
- Experience managing global and multi-functional teams.
- Able to work effectively across all levels within the organization; influence peers and build consensus across management.
- Proven ability to transform accounting and operational processes.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- CPA required.