ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a Fortune 1000 technology solutions provider for financial services institutions, is seeking an exceptional individual for a newly created Assistant Corporate Controller position. This position reports directly into the Corporate Controller and is responsible for all technical GAAP accounting and SEC reporting/disclosure requirements, compliance for regulatory and statutory reporting, special purpose stand-alone financial statements on a global basis, Sarbanes-Oxley and Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council compliance, and project management office responsibilities.is strategically important from a business and finance organization viewpoint due to its “Transaction Services” component as well as its importance to the Corporate Controller and potentially the Chief Financial Officer succession plans. This position will be The person in this position will provide alternative transaction structures that meet the objectives of all transaction constituents. This individual will work closely with associates in various organizations including but not limited to: business development, pricing, business operations and finance at the field and corporate level. This is a highly visible position that will require a collaborative, consultative and hands-on style and approach.
- Interpret accounting policies for transaction services such as large sales contracts, M&A, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Direct all external reporting, including filings of 10K’s, 10Q’s, annual reports, earning releases, and proxy statements.
- Lead all regulatory reporting, including FOCUS reports and international statutory filings.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.
- Prepare all special purpose legal entity stand-alone financial statements on a global basis.
- Partner with associates in relevant business groups, such as business development, pricing, operations, and finance, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- CPA or equivalent professional certification a must.
- Minimum 15 years of public accounting experience (or a combination of public and private accounting).
- Strong technical GAAP knowledge, especially as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Exposure to M&A and financial due diligence.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact with top level management
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.