ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a publicly-traded investment management and real estate firm, seeks an Internal Audit Manager to join their offices in New York City. This individual will be charged with leading audit activities and delivering independent, meaningful assurance related to internal controls. In addition, they will serve as an authoritative resource on these matters.
- Develop and execute audit plan for company operations.
- Conduct risk assessments and test effectiveness of internal controls.
- Ensure accuracy of all financial information and compliance with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serve as liaison to external auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Review and assess SOX testing procedures.
- Prepare audit reports for presentation to senior management.
- Provide leadership to the internal audit team, develop talent, and motivate members towards common objective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field required.
- CPA or equivalent certification.
- 3+ years public accounting experience a must.
- Private Induatsty experience preferred
- Experience managing operational internal audits.
- Familiarity with SOX and COSO frameworks.
- Real estate or property sector experience preferred.
- IFRS a plus