ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a global financial services leader, seeks an AVP of Financial Reporting and Control for their New York City offices. This role’s main function is to support Financial Control’s efforts to fulfill its external reporting requirements under US GAAP and IFRS. The right individual will work to ensure compliance with section 165 of the Dodd Frank Act.
- Support the development of US GAAP financial reporting framework.
- Lead implementation of new tool for Consolidation of US legal entities under section 165 of the Dodd Frank Act.
- Take a lead role in User Acceptance Testing.
- Update accounting entries to reflect the legal entity restructuring for the Intermediate Holding Company.
- Review differences in IFRS vs. GAAP for legal entities.
- Develop processes for financial reporting and consolidations.
- Produce hypothetical IHC consolidated financial statements as needed
- Conduct gap analyses to identify areas for improvement.
- Map General Ledger account entries to US GAAP financial statements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- CPA a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Working knowledge of IFRS preferred (or willingness to learn).
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting/financial reporting or audit for financial services industry
- Consolidations experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills a must – experience with SAP and Hyperion.