ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-advised Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) with a great corporate culture, focused on leveraged investing in residential mortgage assets is looking to hire an Assistant Vice President. Candidate will be part of their 15 member Accounting Team and apply their Whole Loan Accounting knowledge to perform all phases of accounting work related to the company’s assets and liabilities.
- Assist with the review and preparation of monthly reconciliations and reviews of monthly remittance report packages. Advise and assist junior accountants regarding the Company’s residential whole loan and REO portfolio.
- Oversee monthly general ledger reconciliations and research and resolve variances with accounting team.
- Work closely with contract finance, legal, and deal team to record periodic settlements of transactions. Oversee onboarding of new deals to subledger system.
- Assist with reconciliation process for the Company’s proprietary whole loan database system. Review monthly reconciliations between subledger system and accounting books and records.
- Oversight of review and processing for the Company’s on-balance sheet securitizations.
- Assist with the quarterly preparation of SEC filings and press release.
- 5-7 years of fixed income accounting experience. including processing of payments, and income recognition required. Product knowledge of re-performing loans, non-performing loans, and/or newly originated residential whole loans strongly preferred.
- Experience with monthly financial close processes and related month end reconciliation processes required.
- Experience with residential mortgage loans is strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience with complex formulas and functions are required. Knowledge of VBA a strong plus.
- Familiarity of computerized accounting general ledger systems and financial reporting writing packages a strong plus. Experience with a loan subledger system preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting literature related to loan and fixed income accounting, including, ASC 310-10, ASC 310-20, ASC 310-30, and ASC 810 preferred.
- Experience with SBO 2000 strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting required, CPA a +
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented with ability to and multi-task and work collaboratively as a team member, both within the accounting department and across the Company.
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits.