ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, the brand name in the EdTech industry, is currently seeking a Controller to play a vital role in supporting the financial activities of the company. This is a terrific opportunity for someone with an accounting background who wants to grow across a broader set of financial functions.
Compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
Run the monthly financial close
Balance sheet and P&L analysis/reconciliation
Improve financial analysis and reporting activities
Interact with Corporate Accounting at the parent company
Develop cost management and reduction initiatives
Manage forecasts and budgets.
Report monthly and quarterly results to Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA required, Masters preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP, experience with ASC 606 rules around revenue recognition for services and software products.
- Excellent analytical, communication and financial analysis skills
- Collaborate with teams on multiple projects and gather complex info
- MS Office experience, Expert-level Excel preferred