ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a leading Financial Service Company, is seeking an experienced professional with deep knowledge of technical accounting guidelines to fill a Director of Accounting Policy vacancy at their Washington DC offices. This role is responsible for the delivery and oversight of technical accounting analyses for the covered business’ activities.
- Deliver timely, value-added technical accounting support for large transactions, including securitization and funding, to company stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of changes to GAAP and how they could affect the Company’s accounting policies.
- Leads business review requirements for new accounting systems and supports testing and development.
- Collaborate with financial reporting for the review of financial statements disclosures.
- Serve as resource to external auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 8+ years of relevant technical accounting experience.
- CPA required.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of SEC accounting and disclosure rules
- Must have strong writing skills and the ability to communicate technical and complex accounting issues in clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated strong and effective leadership skills