ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client a luxury goods company is looking for a Director of FPA and Strategic Planning to join their team. The candidate responsibilities would be to handle the strategic and financial planning of the activities of the company’s brand, and would work cross-functionally with regional leaders and business partners to drive, sustainable long term growth for the business.
- Hold a key role in developing the annual Brand Strategy and Budget presentations; evaluate investment choices based on both financial equity and brand impact with a goal of creating long-term profitability for the business
- Perform monthly reviews with operating partners and senior management; explain variances, recognize trends, address problems and point out issues to drive proactive financial management
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Consumer Engagement, Supply chain, Demand Planning to understand the end-to-end operations, conduct integrated planning and business analyses, and facilitate problem solving
- Develop insights and actions by looking at market analysis, financial and consumer data; originate heightened methodology to check upon the promotion and advertising effectiveness, new launch assessment, pre and post-mortem, and return on investment.
- Collaborate with business counterparts and regional finance, maintain consistency and apply the best practices in financial reporting and planning processes across the regions
- Include financial considerations in decision-making process to improve capital efficiency and profitability
- Prepare and support ad hoc projects if needed, such as Investor Relations requests and contract negotiations
- Minimum 8 years related experience, preferably both investment banking or consulting + FP&A and Strategy experience
- Minimum 4 years of management experience
- Strong communication/negotiating and analytical skills
- Required strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proactive self-starter who can take charge of a project and follow through from beginning to end
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- SAP experience a plus