ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading entertainment company, is seeking a Director of Global Tax Reporting & Compliance to join their team in New York. This individual will oversee quarterly and year-end ASC 740 reviews for all of the company’s reporting entities. In addition, they will be responsible for updating the internal control environment related to tax processes. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Tax Reporting & Compliance.
- Manage and help perform the review of financial information multiple reporting entities for ASC 740 at year and quarter end, including consolidations and tax provision reportings, tax balance sheet accounts, and cash tax summary schedules.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax analyses and documents for investor relations.
- Keep internal control matrix/documentation requirements for tax processes updated to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Establish and implement common practice guidelines for reporting income tax expenses.
- Provide guidance and education to controllers on ASC 740 principles related to the annual income tax provision reporting packages.
- Review and prepare tax disclosures and footnotes.
- Conduct international tax reporting and analysis.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
- 6-10 years tax experience at a public accounting firm or a combination of public and private tax.
- CPA or Masters preferred.
- Experience performing ASC 740 reviews for multinational firms.