ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading provider of technology solutions for financial institutions, is looking for a Senior Director of Technical Accounting to join their offices in Jersey City, NJ. In addition to oversight of corporate accounting policies, this individual will be highly involved in negotiating strategic transactions and advising on deal structuring.
- Ensure company’s compliance to US GAAP and corporate accounting policies
- Participate in deal teams for new sales contracts, Mergers & Acquisitions, and other strategic transactions
- Draft accounting white papers, and review with external auditors
- Review SEC financial reports
- Lead the IFRS Convergence Project
- Participate in the Disclosure Committee
- Assist with quarter-end close reporting activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- Minimum 8 years of Big 4 and/or Big 4 + public company experience
- Strong technical GAAP knowledge , especially as it relates to revenue recognition
- Exposure to M&A financial due diligence is desired
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact with top level management
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- CPA or equivalent professional certification preferred