ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Great opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing SaaS Unicorn who is building out their new NYC headquarters
About the company
Our client is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action. By using their cloud technology to turn a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives, companies around the world have been able to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience. No wonder why they have grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year and is presently valuated at over $1 billion. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in 2 years ago, it has quickly added blue chip customers to its client roster, making the US is the fastest growing region, soon to exceed 50% of its total revenue.
This is an exciting time to join their new NYC headquarters and become a key figure in its Controllership organization.
· Serve as an internal technical accounting resource to help implement new and emerging FASB and SEC accounting pronouncements (ASC 606 and ASC 842) as well as assess the accounting impact on the current reporting and disclosures
· Liaise with key members of sales, operations and legal to collaborate on accounting implications of non-standard revenue transactions in this rapidly evolving software industry and document accounting treatment of such transactions
· Lead the efforts to transform current IFRS complaint consolidated financial statements to be US GAAP and SEC compliant
· Manage the design and operations of internal controls and policies and procedures related to revenue recognition and monthly close and reporting processes
· Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements for all non-recurring transactions
· Keep up-to-date on industry trends related to financial reporting and technical accounting including review of industry leader’s filings and disclosures for best practices.
· 8-10 years of progressive public accounting experience + SAAS company experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting + an active CPA license
· Big 4 experience desirable
· Experience working with SEC clients in Public Accounting or at an SEC Registered Company
· Must have a strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting. Knowledge of IFRS a plus
· Must have a deep understanding of ASC 605 and ASC 606 with experience implementing and adopting the new standard, preferably in the software industry
· Must have shown the ability to perform independent accounting research and the subsequent framing and documentation of accounting issues along with the related conclusions
· Strong sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability
· Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and
· Must bring a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives