ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a publicly-traded energy company, is looking for a Controller to assist the Regional Accounting Director at one of its facilities in month-end close, general ledger, and budget/forecast duties.
- Develop budgets and forecasts with operations and leadership team.
- Maintain the company’s accounting policies and procedures and ensure policy compliance.
- Complete month-end close and maintain journal entries.
- Oversee the facility SOX documentation.
- Monitor the general ledger and financial statements to report on variances.
- Reconcile the balance sheet and produce account analyses.
- Uphold the monthly flow of funds and fund transfers.
- Collaborate with auditors on both external and internal auditors.
- Produce annual regulatory reports for banks and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. CPA highly preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting or Controller experience.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Experience with ERP, PeopleSoft/Oracle preferred.
- Highly efficient with Excel.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to multitask and manage multiple projects.