ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a global publishing company, is seeking a financial analyst for their New York offices. The selected individual will work as part of the finance team, providing detailed analyses of financial and operational performance and helping to improve profitability with suggested future courses of actions and strategies.
- Accountable for timely and accurate maintenance of operating budgets and forecasts, and identifying and collecting relevant information from business units and other business partners.
- Provide timely and accurate reports of financial/operational performance to senior management.
- Help with the designing and implementation of forward-looking financial models, key analytics, and ad-hoc analyses to further support improved financial performance.
- Monitor budget vs. actual variances, report major deviances, and meet with department to discuss possible causes and remediations.
- Assist in creating documentation to standardize reporting processes across the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Related Field
- 1-3 years experience in Corporate Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Proficient with Excel
- Experience with consolidated reporting a plus