ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a global consumer products manufacturer, is seeking an accountant or auditor to join their New York City offices as an Internal Audit Manager. This role is responsible for planning and directing audits of domestic and international operations and testing the adequacy of the company’s internal controls. A great way to start a long term career at a top-name company with ample opportunity to move into other areas in the future.
- Develop audit plans and determine scope of assignments.
- Interact with and interview Senior leaders in the business
- Manage operational and financial audits, including testing internal controls for SOX compliance.
- Engage in continuous evaluation of existing internal controls, identify opportunities for improvements to processes, make recommendations and implement changes as appropriate.
- Prepare audit reports summarizing findings and conclusions; communicate results to senior management.
- Lead audit team in special assignments.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA/CIA preferred.
- 5 years relevant experience, with at least 2 years prior experience in a public accounting/auditing role, for example, at a Big 4 Firm.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with consumer products industry a plus.
- Willingness to travel (to cool places!) up to 25% of the time.