ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a leading global alternative asset manager, is seeking an Accounting Policy and Treasury Analyst to address a variety of technical and analytical issues that arise across the Controllers and Treasury divisions. This role will support the Accounting Policy Director in overseeing all technical accounting matters as well as the treasury cash management function. This is a unique opportunity to join a company known for attracting high-caliber talent while maintaining a high quality of life for their employees.
- Research new GAAP and SEC accounting policies and assessing their impact on the company.
- Assist with preparation of quarter-end board reports, press releases, Form 10Q and 10K.
- Assist in quarterly loan covenance compliance procedures.
- Draft accounting white papers, and review with department managers, legal entity controllers and auditors.
- Review transactions to determine their accounting impacts and impacts on the Company’s loan covenants.
- Prepare financial statement and MD&A disclosures.
- Work with internal and external parties to prepare valuations.
- Support Treasury function, assist with cash forecasting and managing liquidity needs.
- Ad-hoc analytical projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in public and/or private accounting in the financial services industry required.
- Experience researching and implementing accounting policies.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to see big picture and tackle ad hoc analytical projects
- SEC reporting background a plus. CPA preferred.
- Take charge, can do attitude necessary
- Strong communication skills; team player