ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a Global Investment Bank is seeking a Model Risk Auditor to develop risk-based and global audit plans in the US.
- Develop risk-based audit plans in accordance with industry wide standards.
- Review the bank’s risk management outlines and processes for compliance requirements.
- Monitor all risk models for accuracy such as inventory of models, validation reviews, remediation of findings, and ongoing monitoring.
- Verify the risk management controls are aligned with proper regulatory guidelines (Basel II/III, SR 11-7/ OCC11-12) by teaming up with internal and external clients.
- Support the bank’s national and global audit/risk teams in ongoing systems changes.
- Offer guidance in audit engagements by providing support in model risk management and governance policies.
- 6 to 8 years experience in investment banking, preferably in audit risk at a financial institution with high levels of expertise in model development, model risk management, quantitative modeling, or analytics experience all within a Model Risk Management framework.
- Prior direct auditing experience as an auditor is preferred.
- Sound experience of banking activities in a global banking environment, dealing with risk management frameworks and operational risks.
- Strong knowledge of capital market products, regulatory requirements, and model risk issues all within a global banking environment.
- Superb analytical skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts with excellent communication skills (oral/written English) in order to present at an advanced level.
- Professional risk or accounting certifications required. Masters or Ph.D in quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering.
- Deliver audit plans within budget while maintaining effective control functions within management teams.
- Self-motivated, highly ethical individual with ability to build strong relationships and work in a diverse team to traverse a global company.