ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our Client, is looking for Finance and Accounting Controller to control and manage the financial and accounting team that oversees fund, property, and cash management. Our client, is a leader in real estate development and management of commercial, residential, retail, and mixed-used assets in urban locations globally. The Controller will also have accounts payable and receivable duties for a large portfolio of real estate properties.
- Manage the month end close process, general ledger, journal entries, and accruals for the portfolio.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports process.
- Review the financial statements and plan in the year-end audit.
- Take a front seat in the acquisitions and capital market departments of new properties.
- Participate in enhancing the accounting technology systems.
- Direct the property accountants and coordinate oversight on the annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 9+ years experience in real estate. CPA required.
- Solid technology skills, with experience in MRI software and Microsoft office.
- Excellent experience in accounting and financial reporting in regards to GAAP and Income Tax.
- Great communication skills to convey work in a proficient way.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to work under pressure.
- Great team player with proven leadership capabilities.