ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a publicly traded REIT, is seeking a Real Estate Property Controller to perform accounting and support the audit process for a select group of the firm’s managed properties.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual property financial reporting for real estate and managed properties.
- Perform general ledger and subsidiary ledgers and review for property month to month variances.
- Research and explain budget to actual variances and share findings to be included in monthly management meetings.
- Develop paper packages of detailed audit affiliated with month, quarter, and year-end financial audit and reporting process.
- Create expense reports annually for building operations and assist in preparing the annual budget, revised forecasts, and five-year plan.
- Administer lender compliance reporting and loan compliance activities.
- Collaborate with internal audit to test internal controls and ensure that controls are implemented and executed properly.
- Support management with coordinating efforts concerning Tax, SEC reporting, and Fund A&R, as well as other ad-hoc analysis requests.
- Perform financial analyses for other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a real estate environment. REIT experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of accounting principles and requirements of real estate organizations (i.e. straight-line accounting and escalations).
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC financial reporting and controls to meet Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Organized and a problem solver.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills with the ability to decipher and interpret legal documents.
- Strong communicator.
- Skilled in software systems such as MS Excel, MRI accounting software, and financial systems.