ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Premier entertainment company consisting of top cable, broadcast, film, pay TV and satellite assets is looking to add a dynamic, team oriented, Big 4 CPA who has completed 2 busy seasons to their Corporate Finance department. Great opportunity to join this established media company that has retained its entrepreneurial and “boutique” feel! The right candidate for this position will join a small team with high visibility and immediately add value.
- Manage the preparation of financial statement footnotes and MD&A for the annual report and the preparation of the SEC filing.
- Responsible for complying with SEC reporting requirements and adhering to SOX requirements.
- Assist in the FASB and regulatory requirements.
- Gather information from business units to be included in annual and quarterly reports.
- Regulate the consolidated commitments and contingencies database.
- Support special projects, including analytical review and quarterly accounting updates.
- Document and test internal controls to ensure accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Support other groups in the Corporate Finance department as needed.
- Big 4 experience with the completion of 2 busy seasons.
- Experience with documenting and explaining changes in balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Independent worker and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expert Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA or in process of obtaining CPA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word. PowerPoint and Access