ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
A high growth e-commerce platform is seeking a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager to join their offices in Jersey City, NJ. The right candidate will be an exceptionally talented, driven individual with a background in Public Accounting or E-Commerce.
- Use accounting expertise to provide analysis on monthly financial statements, including commentary on any variances.
- Financial and management reporting
- Stay abreast of changes to accounting standards and practices and identify their relevance to business operations, and share findings with management.
- Monitor internal controls and compliance.
- Fixed Assets and expense analysis
- Prepare journal entries as part of the month-end close process.
- Update and maintain account reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Liaise with other departments to obtain information relevant for accounting in a timely manner.
- Provide accounting support and act as subject-matter expert for other business divisions.
- Conduct other projects and ad hoc reporting on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
- 3-6 years of accounting experience
- Prior or current public accounting experience (i.e. at a Big 4 firm) or e-commerce experience
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills