ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a publicly traded REIT, is looking for a Senior Accountant to take on the firm’s accounting responsibilities for all reportable entities.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, general ledger, and close and consolidation process for all managed entities.
- Prepare audit work paper packages related to the month- quarter- and year-end financial audit.
- Contribute information for the timely submission of Tax and SEC reports.
- Support management with the preparation of the overall annual budget and investigate budget to actual variances for monthly management meetings.
- Coordinate with both external and internal auditors as required.
- Perform financial analyses and special projects as they are assigned.
- 3+ years of accounting experience. Preferred experience in a public organization and REIT experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and requirements of real estate organizations.
- Understanding of US GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Good analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Organized with the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Skilled in financial systems and MS Excel.
- Commercial real estate software skills are preferred.