ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a full-service community oriented commercial bank based in New York, is looking for a tech savvy, strategic thinker to join their Internal Audit department as a Senior IT Auditor. This is a great opportunity to see the big picture and learn from a highly qualified and experienced mentor. This position will assist in the planning, execution and reporting of IT audits, including the development and execution of audit test steps, interviewing, and performing walk-throughs with process owners. The right person for this role will possess excellent collaboration skills and an interest in technology. Key responsibilities of the position:
- Complete complex audits such as IT infrastructure, disaster recovery, and information systems and security process, and also identify related controls.
- Test and evaluate internal controls activities in accordance with regulatory, accounting, internal audit and IT standards, such as GAAP, ISACA, etc.
- Draft audit reports and planning manuals identifying and documenting control weaknesses, and discuss approaches for correction with Management.
- Facilitate the development/modification of the audit program and lead integrated audits.
- Ensure all working papers are completed in compliance with department and professional auditing standards.
- Assist in the development of junior staff when necessary.
- 3+ years of IT Audit or IT Risk Management experience
- IT infrastructure and operating systems experience, such as with Windows. Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, Mainframe, Firewall, Microsoft Office, vulnerability tools, or application controls.
- Strong understanding of auditing standards, regulations, compliance guidelines and IT internal controls, and a commitment to follow them.
- Skilled at documenting findings, generating reports and drafting manuals.
- Experience with conducting integrated audits.
- Information and Cyber Security experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking structure, policies and regulations a plus
- Highly ethical with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- A natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop team.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or related field.
- CISA or other applicable certification preferred.