ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will head the tax function and manage the preparation and review of federal and state tax returns with a focus on international income tax compliance, financial reporting, and tax planning for a growing digital media firm.
- Develop and implement applicable tax accounting procedures, including tax provision calculation, which will limit the Company’s exposure in the event of audit.
- Manage the preparation, review, and timely filing of all income tax returns and prepare more complex tax returns and tax technical supporting schedules.
- Monitor legal entity profit levels and oversee transfer pricing policies/compliance.
- Build rapport and maintain relationships with tax advisors, external auditors, tax policy decision makers, and enforcement officials.
- Integrate various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality.
- Assure payment amounts of periodic tax deposits are timely and accurate to avoid penalties. Comply with all filing deadlines and adequately consider the financial position of the Company.
- Comply with key internal controls of the tax function in support of the Company’s financial reporting process, the proper functionality of which helps determine whether the Company’s overall internal controls are functioning effectively.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to coincide with the Company’s objectives through the identification of critical tax risks and the understanding of business, regulatory, and finance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7-10+ years of broad based tax compliance/accounting experience (including public accounting and corporate tax)
- Federal taxation experience, including consolidations and Form 1120
- Transfer pricing experience a plus
- “Outbound” international tax for US multinationals experience
- Proactive with experience streamlining and improving processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred