ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a global consumer products conglomerate, is seeking an accountant or auditor to join their New York City offices as a Senior Analyst of Internal Controls. This role is responsible for determining the adequacy of the company’s internal controls via operational and financial audits. The ideal candidate will have 2 years of public accounting or auditing experience with a focus in the consumer products industry. Most importantly, this job will be your introduction to a prestigious Fortune 500 company and give you the ability to work in finance, operations or marketing in the future.
- Perform operational and financial audits, including testing internal controls for SOX compliance.
- Work with external auditors to facilitate external auditing procedures.
- Assist with audit planning and determining scope of assignments.
- Engage in continuous evaluation of existing internal controls, identify opportunities for improvements to processes, make recommendations and implement changes as appropriate.
- Prepare audit report summarizing findings and conclusions; communicate results to senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA/CIA preferred.
- 2-4 years relevant experience, with at least 2 years in a public accounting/auditing role, at a national CPA firm.Experience with consumer products industry a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.