ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading provider of risk information services, is looking for an effective leader with broad knowledge of GAAP/SEC reporting and accounting experience to join their Accounting division as the Technical Accounting Manager.
- Research intricate technical accounting concerns and suggest resolutions to senior members.
- Familiarize business partners of new accounting policies as they arise and help maintain other global accounting procedures.
- Prompt month-end and quarter-end close, including general ledger processes, account analysis, and reconciliations.
- Accomplish corporate goals by communicating with other controllers.
- Develop financial reports and reporting packages for internal executives.
- Aid in both internal and external audits, including SOX compliance, and resolve findings.
- Suggest improvements to current processes and procedures with innovative ideas.
- Manage and coach staff to advance work production and individual development.
- Support the Controllers and Directors in ad hoc projects when necessary.
- 4-6 years of straight public accounting experience (Big 4 or large regional) or a combination of public and private accounting experience.
- Strong GAAP and SEC reporting experience.
- Possess quantitative and qualitative skills and ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of multiple areas of accounting.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to work with domestic and international teams in an ever changing environment.
- CPA highly preferred.