ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a large TV broadcaster is seeking a robust and driven head of finance to manage the Company’s east coast business.
- In conjunction with the CFO and COO, manage all the accounting operational functions and partner on high level business decisions.
- Participate in the M&A and business development analyses.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc financial presentations to the executive management and the board of directors.
- Set financial goals and insure the financial reporting is aligned with industry accepted financial, accounting, and regulatory standards such as GAAP and IFRS.
- Analyze financial statements for errors while looking at costs and overhead to understand financial situation.
- Oversee the budget/forecast process and manage the month and year end closings from start to finish.
- Increase profitability by raising revenue and lower cost and operational expenses.
- Ensure proper controls exist in the company by integrating efficient policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the tax department to confirm compliance, reporting, and tax planning.
- Develop robust and precise financial models for the purpose of valuations.
- Direct the recruiting and training efforts for the finance team.
- Should have a minimum of 8-10 years of financial and accounting experience, preferably in the entertainment sector. Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance, with CPA a plus.
- High leadership skills and proven management experience.
- Strong background in financial processes such as budgeting reporting, General Ledger, and Forecasting and Modelling.
- Large system application experience such as Oracle.
- High energy individual with strong critical thinking skills, capable of working in a fast paced environment with many people to solve advanced business problems.