ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Global bank is seeking an accounting policy expert to join their financial reporting group as Vice President. This person will liaise with the firm’s foreign Accounting Policy groups to establish consistency in accounting policy across the globe and act as the point of contact for the region’s policy related matters. An attention to operational detail is essential to this role seeing as there will be a significant involvement in the operational details of financial reporting. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Improve and automate US GAAP disclosures and accounting processes and review key US GAAP disclosures prepared by other departments.
- Engage in the implementation of new accounting standards and resolve local accounting issues with external auditors.
- Aid in preparing and reviewing accounting policies and in developing and delivering US GAAP training to other departments.
- Attend relevant regional industry workgroups to raise firm’s profile in marketplace.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong US GAAP knowledge is requires and IFRS is preferred.
- CPA required.
- Understanding of broker dealer and derivative dealer balance sheet items