ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Diversified commercial real estate firm is seeking a VP of Accounting to join their team in New York. This position oversees the daily accounting activities of the company, including preparation of financial statements, SEC Reporting, budget variances, and ensuring compliance with regulatory policies. This position will supervise a team of 7-8 accounting professionals and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare quarterly reports and consolidated financial statements, ensuring all deadlines and requirements are met.
- Oversee compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Forecast results for the divisions and prepare ad hoc analyses for management.
- Assist with implementation of the company-wide property management accounting system software, and serve as liaison with technical support.
- Collaborate with auditors and recommend improvements to internal controls.
- Manage staff responsible for accruals, accounts payable, general ledger, and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare accurate, timely, and complete management reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Coordinate annual year-end tax filings and audit preparations.
- Work on special projects as requested by CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in finance or accounting in the real estate industry. Experience with Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) or other public filinngs.
- Experience supervising a team of 3-5+ people.
- IFRS experience a huge plus.