Our client, a luxury retailer is seeking an Accounting Manager to help the Controller in overseeing the accounting systems and to produce financial reports.
- Manage the accounting functions throughout the entire company, such as the financial statement audits, journal entries, inventory appraisal, borrowing base statements etc.
- Develop internal control systems to help identify and better communicate certain financial risks.
- Maintain the accounting policies, procedures, and operational data to a high level of accuracy and reliability.
- Produce the daily, weekly, and monthly borrowing base statements as well as managing the month and year-end closing processes.
- Complete various analyses and financial reporting while ensuring Management and key stakeholders receive reports in a timely manner.
- Uphold a clean accounting filing system to maintain the balance sheet, general leger account, and internal controls in order to mitigate risks and discrepancies.
- Supervise and train staff while developing relationships with coworkers in order for clear communication of company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA is preferred.
- 5+ years experience with high responsibilities for a medium to large size company with 2+ years experience in a retail company.
- 2+ years of public accounting experience at a medium to large size CPA firm. Big 4 a plus.
- Supervisory/management experience with strong communication skills preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills are required with experience in SAP, SQL, Great Plains, FRx, and MS Access a plus.
- Excellent accounting skills in order to solve complex problems and make accurate accounting decisions.