ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Trendy, early growth stage retail/apparel company who is expanding their e-commerce business to brick and mortar stores is seeking a hands-on Accounting Manager with startup and retail experience to manage the accounting processes as it gets brought in house. This is an exciting time to join this trendy company at its pivot point in its growth trajectory and to help it soar!
How you will help this company grow:
- You will be instrumental in transitioning the accounting from an outsourced accounting firm and lead the day to day in-house accounting.
- You will be responsible for general ledger accounting and monthly book close.
- You will use your knowledge of GAAP to prepare accurate financial statements.
- You will use your attention to detail to oversee the closing of the books.
- You will monitor Accounts Payable and prepare journal entries.
- Your previous inventory experience will enable you to work alongside senior finance and operations managers on the oversight of inventory management and accounting.
- You will assist external auditors with the annual audit.
- Lastly, you will bring your enthusiasm, work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit to work every day to help us grow our brand!
You are the right person for this job if you have:
- Startup experience and a hands-on, take charge and entrepreneurial mindset
- Past experience in retail or even better, direct to consumer ecommerce experience
- 5+ years of accounting experience including inventory accounting experience
- QuickBooks (or equivalent) and strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.