Our client, a rapidly growing pre-IPO company is building their NJ based corporate accounting team and looking to add a General Ledger and Excel Wiz to run their accounting close process.
- Own and automate the monthly, quarterly and year end-close process utilizing Excel and in-house proprietary system
- Ensure accounting compliance with US GAAP, SOX and company accounting policies
- Create, document and implement month end-close policies and internal controls around the general ledger
- Participate in company’s monthly financial review meetings and quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Assist with the integration of acquired entities into the company’s accounting and eventual implementation of new general ledger package
- Assist Senior Manager with financial reporting, accounting policy integration and analysis as needed
- Lead, manage and develop a staff of accountants
- CPA required
- Ability and desire to help automate the month-end close process
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong desire to be part of an entrepreneurial hands-on team
- Must have strong work ethic, be a self-starter, always taking initiative,
- Must be comfortable with a growing, changing environment
- Ability to supervise and take on new responsibilities as the role progresses
Exciting time to join a growing company with promotion opportunity to advance your career.