Self-advised Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) with a great corporate culture, focused on leveraged investing in residential mortgage assets is looking to hire an Assistant Vice President. Candidate will be part of their 15+ member Accounting Team and apply their Whole Loan Accounting knowledge to perform all phases of accounting work related to the company’s assets and liabilities.
Excellent opportunity to become part of a smart and dynamic team and expand your knowledge base and grow within the company.
- Assist with the review and preparation of monthly reconciliations and reviews of monthly remittance report packages.
- Oversee monthly general ledger reconciliations and research and resolve variances with accounting team.
- Work closely with contract finance, legal, and deal team to record periodic settlements of transactions. Oversee onboarding of new deals to subledger system.
- Assist with reconciliation process for the Company’s proprietary whole loan database system. Review monthly reconciliations between subledger system and accounting books and records.
- Oversight of review and processing for the Company’s on-balance sheet securitizations.
- Assist with the quarterly preparation of SEC filings and press release.
- 2-5 years of public or private experience in Financial Services with exposure to Fixed Income products
- Experience with residential mortgage loans is a plus.
- Familiarity of computerized accounting general ledger systems and financial reporting writing packages a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Excellent Benefit package