Our client, a leading global consultancy, seeks an experienced accounting/finance professional to join their Boston office at the Associate level. The firm specializes in assisting companies requiring expert accounting, financial and data analysis in order to resolve crucial business issues, including corporate investigations, litigation support, valuations and restructuring. Compensation depends on experience, highly competitive with market and provides opportunities for bonuses and incentives.
- Conduct investigations over financial statements to ascertain fraud, asset misappropriation and corruption.
- Asses complex financial transactions for GAAP and IFRS compliance
- Verify reporting/compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities laws.
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination.
- Valuation of businesses, securities, real estate, machinery & equipment, intellectual property and other intangible assets.
- review work performed by independent auditors, expert reports and testimony
- Assist debtors with in-court or out-of-court restructuring.
- Support creditor with information on financial situation, negotiate their position and maximize value.
- Due diligence related to business acquisitions, mergers and integrations, liquidations and joint ventures.
- Analyzing financial transactions for possible fraud.
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting
- CPA a MUST. CFA, CFE, CVA certifications also a plus.
- At Least two years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm, or at a relevant consultancy/services company providing dispute, litigation and/or investigative services.
- Able to travel up to 70-100% international and domestic
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and the ability to resolve complex accounting problems.
- Strong preference for foreign language skills including Spanish, Mandarin, Arab, etc.
- Ability to prepare or ability to learn to prepare financial models and cash flow analyses.
- Strong project management skills and analytical capabilities
Compensation: 70,000-100,000 + Bonus, Performance Based