ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a Fortune 500 financial services firm, is seeking an experienced accounting or audit professional to join their Morristown, NJ offices as an AVP of Internal Controls. This role will be charged with supporting the SOX compliance function.
- Conduct internal control walkthroughs of key processes to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Assist Internal Audit in testing controls, where needed.
- Update flowcharts and control matrices, including key process, risk and control descriptions, risk rankings, and financial statement assertions.
- Communicate test results to management, identify deficiencies and propose resolutions.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience testing and documenting SOX controls.
- Solid understanding of internal controls for
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- CPA, CIA or other professional qualification preferred