ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Leading mortgage finance company seeks a Director of Accounting for their offices in Northern New Jersey. This individual will manage and actively participate in all internal control, financial reporting and accounting review activities. A fantastic and challenging opportunity to take on an important leadership position.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process.
- Draft, implement and review updates to accounting policies.
- Produce quarterly performance forecasts.
- Support new business initiatives, working with internal and external resources as needed.
- Manage financial reporting process for a commercial mortgage backed securities joint venture.
- Maintain constructive working relationships within the business.
- Manage a team of five accounting professionals, and promote staff learning and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field
- CPA a must
- 7-15 years of public/private accounting experience
- Big-4 accounting experience a plus
- Technical accounting experience
- Knowledge of ASC 810 Consolidations, ASC 820 Fair Value Measurement, and ASC 860 Transfers and Servicing
- Commercial mortgage industry experience a plus