Our client, a trendy and fast growing retail company in the US is looking to add a hands on Accountant to lead its maturing accounting team. This individual will build up the accounting department and seek to add value in the company by developing and building upon the company’s accounting principles.
- Spearhead all accounting activities, such as month end close, annual audits, and technical accounting.
- Lead the accounting department and drive the transition to an in house team.
- Build out the accounting team to oversee the accounting process end to end.
- Implement policies for revenue recognition and inventory management.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the accounting and finance systems and procedures.
- Produce, analyze, and advise on financial and budgetary reports for senior management.
- Drive the implementation of the ERP system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of accounting experience. Public Accounting experience heavily preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience in quick growth, venture backed companies a plus.
- Understanding of Retail Inventory Management experience.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP, SOX, and SEC requirements, with strong technical accounting skills.