ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading media company, is seeking a Director of Finance to join their offices in New York. This role will be charged with leading the annual budget and forecast planning and producing other key deliverables. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with high exposure to the workings of a Fortune 500 company.
- Oversee annual budget planning and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes.
- Create financial models to support forecasting and budgeting and to assist in the evaluation of strategic business decisions.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from internal and external clients for financial data.
- Assist in preparation of monthly variance and forecasting reporting packages, weekly revenue reporting, and quarterly Board of Director meeting materials.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses on profitability, revenue trends, and other business needs as they arise.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with relevant business leads to ensure accurate data gathering, and quality budget and forecast submissions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, Accounting or a relevant field.
- 5-8 years experience financial analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Expertise building financial models
- Experience with IBM Cognos a plus
- CPA or MBA preferred