Our client, a diversified Real Estate Firm, is seeking a Human Resources Director to provide Human Resource services to all departments.
- Manage all matters related to employee timekeeping and payroll, the recruiting process, workers’ compensation, and risk management.
- Oversee the company’s benefits programs and send out the required State, Federal, IRS, and DOL notifications among others.
- Guide all departments’ and properties’ employee relations issues and establish compliance with the company’s management process.
- Ensure that human resources policies and procedures are adhered to in order to meet company and regulatory needs, and uphold the integrity of the HR information system data and reporting.
- Ensure that the company complies with State and Federal requirements and best practices by implementing policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with management in recognizing needs for training and ensure that regulated divisions meet their annually required courses.
- Manage the new hire process for each division through the preparation of employee contracts, offer letters, and separation agreements.
- Communicate throughout the company and with outside counsel to manage human resource and compensation issues.
- Communicate with Workers’ Compensation Brokers, insurance carriers, and employment attorneys.
- Monitor and implement human resource federal and state requirements, conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the organization at hearings.
- Prepare, update, and recommend human resource policies and procedures to maintain management guidelines.
- Attend educational workshops, review professional publications, establish personal networks, and participate in professional societies to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Encourage effective HR staff job results through employee counseling and disciplining.
- Develop data scrubbing, new file retention policy, and proper payroll procedure to payout commissions and draws via payroll in collaboration with the Senior Payroll Associate.
- Establish workers compensation policies and procedures to meet carrier and OSHA requirements.
- Assist in the development of the property management Safety Manual, policies and procedures, and maintenance procedures manual.
- Develop OSHA requirements so that properties and the company are in compliance with OSHA requirements per region.
- Experience in Human Resources Management, Hiring, and Benefits Administration.
- Knowledge of Employment Law.
- Performance management and employee classification experience.
- Knows of communication processes and compensation and wage structure.
- Organized and supportive of diversity.