ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
A world’s renowned publicly traded and leading media and internet company with a track record of internal mobility is looking for a Director of Technical Accounting in New York City.
The ideal candidate is a proactive CPA with experience evaluating, researching and implementing new accounting and disclosure requirements. The right candidate has excellent communications skills, excels in a busy environment and enjoys technical research.
- Create, maintain and document accounting and operational policies.
- Handle enterprise-wide compliance with these policies in connection with Internal Audit testing.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource for the operating businesses to support key new or non-standard transactions and initiatives.
- Research, evaluate and implement new technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to management on the impact of new or proposed requirements.
- Develop, implement and experiment new corporate accounting procedures and policies including the assessment of existing corporate level SOX process narratives for consistency and effectiveness.
- Provide due diligence assistance on potential acquisitions
- Play role in post-acquisition integration including compliance with enterprise-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- 6+ years of Big 4 Public Accounting or a combination of Big 4 and progressive Technical Accounting experience in a public company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP including ASC 606 and ASC 842; IFRS is a plus
- Goal oriented with the ability to think, and work independently while resolving challenging issues
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Must be clear/concise and confident in communicating ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters