ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a leading credit rating agency, is seeking a public accounting expert to join their New York City offices as an Accounting Analyst. This role is responsible for enhancing the quality and consistency of credit analysis by providing expert guidance on relevant accounting and financial reporting issues. The Senior Accounting Analyst will serve as an important partner to credit analysts in rating corporate and financial institution debt issuers.
- Provide expert analysis on accounting, financial reporting, and internal controls, and their implications on ratings to credit analysts.
- Interview senior executives on their companies’ accounting and financial reporting practices.
- Assist with company research for fixed-income investor clients.
- Keep abreast of changes to accounting and regulatory policies and also changed implications for credit ratings.
- Conduct analysis of financial reporting practices at high-risk companies
- Train credit analysts on accounting matters relevant to ratings.
- Represent firm’s views on the implications of accounting issues in forums such as the media.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- 8-12 years of experience in accounting/auditing, with significant public experience, preferable Big 4 National Office or Technical Accounting ConsultingCPA or equivalent certification required.
- Strong knowledge of current developments in the accounting and regulatory landscape.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.