Our client, a large global bank, is seeking an Enterprise Model Risk Manager to examine and validate mathematical models, specifically those related to stress testing. The right candidate for this role will have strong communication skills and be very experienced in creating and correcting documentation. Some key responsibilities of this position include:
- Pro-actively assessing, documenting, and validating mathematical models through engagement with the firm’s model builders.
- Using econometric models and statistical forecasting methodologies to perform time-series analysis.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the firm’s flow and context of model usage.
- Ensuring that the company’s model risk policy is adhered to by model users.
- Facilitating compliance with regulatory policies, guidelines and procedures on model risk.
- 5+ years of experience in a mathematical modeling role, such as a developer or validator, a risk quant, or a risk manager, in a large financial institution.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- Strong exposure and knowledge of risk models for main product types and quantitative risk management methodology.
- Excellent negotiator with distinct oral and written communication skills.
- Work experience on CCAR modeling and/or stress testing with big picture CCAR understanding.
- Familiarity with credit and/or operational risk models.