ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a leading media company, is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their offices in New York. Responsibilities would include preparing detailed financial analyses to identify business risks and opportunities and serving as a liaison to business units. This role will support the Director of the Financial Planning & Analysis. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with high exposure to the inner workings of a Fortune 500 company.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports, and conduct variance analyses.
- Build financial models to support forecasting and budgeting and to assist in the evaluation of strategic business decisions.
- Act as point of contact for business units, and assist businesses in identifying risks/opportunities.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses on profitability, revenue trends, and other business needs as they arise.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with relevant business leads to ensure accurate data gathering, and quality budget and forecast submissions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or a relevant field.
- 2-4 years experience financial analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with IBM Cognos, Visual Basic, and SQL a plus