Our client, a global conglomerate in commodities and agribusiness is seeking an inspirational leader for their Global Accounting Policy department. This is a high visibility position that can lead to fantastic opportunities for a promotion.
- Partner with executive leadership on all technical accounting issues.
- Continually develop the company’s US GAAP accounting policies.
- Analyze and develop implementation plans for new accounting standards.
- Stay abreast of GAAP and SEC regulations and rules to report on key technical accounting matters.
- Own the US GAAP training program including training, materials, and manuals.
- Strengthen the accounting policy processes and corporate accounting policies.
- Act as head global expert for US GAAP and SEC advice in relation to M&A activity and purchase accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.
- 10+ years Public Accounting experience, National Office preferred
- Experience working in the multinational corporation preferred.
- Excellent technical US GAAP and SEC compliance knowledge.
- Knowledge of derivative and hedge accounting, purchase accounting, foreign exchange, and income/other taxation.
- Strong communication skills in order to form relationships with Controllers and CFO’s.
- Proven management and employee development skills.