ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Control Director
Our client, a global technology firm, is seeking a Director to lead the Internal Control activities and oversee the audit plan. This high visibility position reports to the VP Corporate Controller and will manage all global internal control activities.
- Oversee the internal audit plan, ensuring all internal controls are in place and compliant with regulations and laws.
- Manage the internal controls documentation guaranteeing the effectiveness of the audit processes.
- Special Projects to improve efficiencies
- Lead process improvements to identify internal control deficiencies and improve control environment.
- Drive activities put forth by the Audit Committee to improve audit environment.
- Partner with senior leaders to test operational effectiveness of key controls.
- Direct the annual SOX compliance program. Review the controls, design, and testing to communicate to SOX management and remediate any problems.
- Drive key business initiatives by taking charge on audit controls that directly impact the company.
- Provide upper level support to IT related to application systems and controls.
- Strong experience in internal controls within rapidly changing environments.
- Knowledge in IT systems and financial integration.
- Excellent understanding of internal controls on a global basis.
- Solid history in identifying opportunities and improvements within finance and accounting departments.
- Advanced Excel skills and high attention to detail.
- Experience with Netsuite and Adapative is a plus.
- IT audit or Integrated audit a huge plus.
- Professional certification
- Motivated self-starter to roll up the sleeves and be hands on.