Our Client, an innovative, digital news media company, is looking to hire their first Accountant as they transition their accounting process to an in-house team. This is an exciting opportunity to lead all aspects in the accounting operation and grow as the company quickly expands.
- Transition the company away from the external accounting provider and lead the in-house accounting process.
- Team up with the Head of Finance to improve key accounting, banking, and payment procedures.
- Keep the bookkeeping up to date and ensure GAAP compliance.
- Implement internal processes such as invoicing, billing, and month end close.
- Organize the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections.
- Manage the tax preparation with outside auditors and prepare for nest years financial audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA highly preferred.
- Big 4 experience with high level GAAP knowledge.
- 5+ years experience, including Accounting processes such as month end close, payroll, and AP/AR.
- Media accounting experience highly preferred.
- Past experience of building an Accounting operation and leading a team.
- Excellent Excel skills.